Stretch marks form in the skin where the connective tissue is stretched beyond the limit of its elasticity due to rapid expansion and contraction of the skin, causing the supportive collagen and elastin beneath to rupture and resulting in a scar-like appearance. While stretch marks are not painful and do not limit movement, for many people they can be uncomfortable to live with due to their unsightly appearance. At Skin Décor, Best Stretch Marks Treatment in Dwarka is provided by an expert and experienced dermatologist using advanced treatments that are very much effective in reducing stretch marks appearance.
Depending on several factors such as when the stretch marks form, the location, the cause, the type and color of the skin, stretch marks vary. They may appear as long thin rippled streaks on the skin, parallel and bright dark streaks that may fade to a lighter shade over time, a whitish and scar-like appearance, and a different texture than normal skin, and may look wrinkled.
What causes stretch marks?
The common reasons that result in stretch marks are pregnancy, rapid weight loss, quick weight gain, muscle increase through weightlifting, hormonal changes, puberty, certain disease such as Marfan’s syndrome (a genetic condition that weakens the skin fibers and causes unusual growth), Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (a rare inherited condition with a very flexible skin that damages easily) and Cushing syndrome (a disorder due to high level of the hormone cortisol) or other medication side effect.
Types of stretch marks:
There are two types of stretch marks based on their formation and appearance:
- Striae rubrae – Striae rubrae are stretch marks in their early stages of formation. These marks fade over several months, or even years, to whitish scars.
- Striae albae – These are white and depressed stretch marks that are more or less permanent. On the basis of their appearance, they are furthermore classified as Striae atrophicans, Striae enigrae, Striae caerulea, and Striae gravidarum.
The best approach to prevent stretch marks is to maintain a healthy weight, even in the course of pregnancy. One should look for slow and gradual weight gain during pregnancy and eat a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Following are the advanced stretch marks treatment in Dwarka, Delhi offered at Skin Décor by skin experts:
- MNRF- Micro-needling Radio Frequency or MNRF is one of the well-known stretch marks treatment solutions. Radiofrequency Microneedling (RF Microneedling) is a new technology that helps in improving skin texture. It helps in rejuvenating skin and reducing stretch marks, acne scars, open pores, wrinkles, sagging, and dullness.
A minimally invasive technique combines the microneedling procedure effectively with the element of radio-frequency energy to rejuvenate the appearance of the skin. The device used in this treatment when targeted on the target area of the skin through rapid penetration of insulated microneedles (they do not cause any extensive damage to the epidermis). The microneedles facilitate healing growth factors come into action which aids in natural recovery along with a high tension RF pulse is emitted to the target area which degenerates the collagen fibers and promotes the construction of new collagen by stimulation of fibroblasts and helps repair stretch marks.
- Growth factor treatment or PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma is a highly promising new technology that can actually heal and eliminate stretch marks. It contains a high concentration of platelets that stimulate the release of growth factors that assist in collagen regeneration. Rising collagen in the skin will help thicken it and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. This will enable the skin to become smoother, look tighter, and heal within. During the procedure, blood is collected in a similar way to a blood test. Then the blood is spun down in a centrifuge that separates the PRP from the red blood cells. The PRP is then drawn up in the syringe ready for re-injecting into the area to be treated. A topical anesthetic cream is applied to the skin to keep pain to a minimum. Stretch marks will be reduced as the skin flexibility and volume increase. Final results are usually visible two weeks after the first treatment and full results around three months after the final treatment.
- Tixel – Tixel is a non-invasive and safe treatment for stretch marks. It uses a non-laser fractional system of skin resurfacing which is based on thermo-mechanical ablation technology. Tixel is based on pure heat energy and it transfers heat directly to the skin itself with its patented titanium tips. When the tip of the Tixel touches the skin using heat energy, it causes micro-injuries. These micro-injuries encourage the body to produce collagen and elastin for healthy and supple skin.
The device does not cause damage to the inner layers of the skin as compared with lasers. Candidates have seen improvements in their skin after the first session and these continue to over the next few weeks as collagen production increases. Depending on the area being treated, a candidate can expect improvement in stretch marks texture.
- Fractional CO2 laser therapy – Fractional CO2 laser therapy is one of the treatments of choice for stretch marks with excellent laser toning and tightening effects. Old white marks may smooth out with this therapy. This treatment is also safely used for darker skin types with appropriate settings. It gives optimum results in the hands of an expert.
Few facts that one should know about stretch marks treatment:
- Stretch marks will fade in appearance, making them less noticeable on the skin, when proper treatment methods are used. The results vary from person to person based on stretch marks size and depth. For best results, often a course of three to six treatment sessions is recommended.
- Stretch marks treatment is a non-invasive procedure, which requires no downtime. All of the stretch marks treatments are safe and are administered by highly trained practitioners.
- Stretch marks treatment can be applied to old stretch marks and significantly reduce their appearance.
- One can have stretch marks treated just about anywhere. However, the most common treatment areas are the abdomen, back, breasts, hips, flanks, buttocks, and thighs.
- Stretch marks around the abdomen, upper thighs, and breasts are highly common during pregnancy and they do not always disappear after childbirth. Stretch marks treatment can treat pregnancy stretch marks. You can have stretch marks treatment after childbirth.
- Stretch marks define permanent damage to the skin, which means they cannot be fully restored. However, stretch marks treatment can significantly reduce the depth of the stretch marks and their visibility. Results may last for years with good skincare after the stretch marks treatment.
To get effective treatment for stretch marks consult now with the best skin doctor in Dwarka at Skin Décor.