QuickBooks is an innovative software that has helped make all accounting-related work possible with one platform, which makes bookkeeping much more practical. In addition to accounting, it also keeps the information produced during the process and analyzes it to keep track of business performance. People have taken important choices based on account reports generated by QuickBooks which has helped them in their work. While it has all the capabilities to be able to do accurate bookkeeping, the software does have some drawbacks like internal mistakes that can cause the program to stop working completely and not start again. If you’ve experienced similar issues and are now finding that your QuickBooks keeps crashing, this article is for you. Read on to find out the possible countermeasures.
Related article — QuickBooks Error 40001
Reasons that causes QuickBooks Closes unexpectedly when open a company File
- A Damaged QuickBooks Desktop Essential File qbwuser.ini.
- maybe you are using an outdated QuickBooks.
- Outdated OS also cause QuickBooks or any program crashing issue.
- Bad sectors in your storage device.
- Viruses and Malware program.
- Third Party program conflicting with your QuickBooks desktop.
Let’s look into the cause. QuickBooks Desktop Keeps crashing problem
Fix 1: Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
When you run the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic software it is possible to solve a myriad of issues with the QuickBooks software and company files. If QuickBooks isn’t responding when you run Windows 10 or 7, it is recommended to download the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic tool.
- Follow these steps to install and download the QuickBooks installation program on your PC:
- Download ” QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool“.
- Keep the downloaded file on your PC.
- Then shut down all windows or programs open at the moment.
Thereafter, you can run the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”. The entire process can take between 20 and 30 minutes. After the process has been completed you are able to reboot the system in order to take into account any changes.
Tips: Instead you can make use of the QuickBooks Tool Hub since it serves as a host of tools. In this way you will be able to fix any the unexpected error and repair QuickBooks corporate files. All you need to do is open QuickBooks Tool Hub, launch QuickBooks Tool Hub and select “Installation Issues tab on the left side, and click the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button.
Fix 2 : Use QuickBooks System Repair Tool
If you’re QuickBooks management of the database isn’t functioning, you may just use this QuickBooks fix tool in order to have the issue fixed.
- Get QuickBooks Repair Tool. Repair tool for QuickBooks.
- Save the file to an Local file located on the desktop.
- Once you have done that, you are able to close all running programs , and then install the tool.
- The process can be taking about 20 mins roughly to complete an analysis, you will have to be patient once the scan is completed.
- Finally, you can reboot the console to make sure everything is functioning.
Solution 3: Disable the Antivirus program.
Like we said earlier that your antivirus program could not recognize the QuickBooks software because of which it is unable to respond. If this happens you can turn it off.
- Prior to switching off your antivirus it is possible to restart your computer.
- If you notice an error in your display, you will need ensure that your antivirus program is off.
- After the removal of antivirus After turning off antivirus service, your QuickBooks account might begin to respond.
If you follow the steps above You can fix the most common issues with Your QuickBooks Accounting software. There could be a variety of reasons for why QuickBooks shut down. However, fixing the issue is easy with the correct information about its cause and the symptoms.
Solution 4: Move QuickBooks Company File from a Different Location
If QuickBooks isn’t responding when you start it, then you may want to move the company’s data to a different folder so you can easily access it. For this you need to create the new folder, copy the data in after copying it the data from the previous folder, then try accessing the company’s files
For better understanding for better understanding, we have provided the steps as follows:
- Create a new folder by pressing right on the desktop.
- Then, open the folder that houses QuickBooks corporate files.
- Copy the company’s files using ” Ctrl + C” keys.
- Open your “New Folder” you have just created.
- After that, copy the file by using the ” Ctrl + V” keys.
- Then after that, press your ” Ctrl” key until you can see that ” No Company Open” display on your screen.
- Click on the ” Open a Company File” option.
- Hit on the ” Next” button.
- Then, navigate to the new folder that you kept the company file.
- Hit on the ” Open” button.
This will allow you to open your QuickBooks company file in the new location, without having to deal with any error message that QuickBooks has been unable to function. You must ensure that you execute this method using the device where the QuickBooks firm files reside. stored.
Fix 5: Create a New User Account on Windows
Other than QuickBooks, Windows user accounts could also cause conflicts that you might be faced with QuickBooks slow to react when you use Windows 7 and 10. Utilizing the Windows account that has no administrator rights could cause problems.
In this way we’ll show you ways to make a fresh Windows user account that has administrative rights.
- Launch ” Control Panel“.
- Select “User” to open the ” User” icon.
- Choose the ” Create New User Choice“.
- Click on ” Administrator” as a user’s name.
- After you have created an account on your own then you are able to log out of the account.
After that, restart your computer and sign into the Windows account. You must have the authentic login credentials. After that, transfer all of your QB company files to your desktop. In the final step, open QuickBooks and then accessing your company’s file.
Fix 6: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
If QuickBooks does not respond to opening the company file, you need to try running QuickBooks Tool Hub. It assists you in fixing several errors that are that are related to your program as well as the company’s files.
Before you can proceed before proceeding, you must install the software onto your computer, so you can use the repair process. The steps are as follows:
- Close your QuickBooks applications.
- You can download “The ” QuickBooks Tool Hub” file” from reliable sources on your PC.
- You can save the ” QuickBooks tool hub .exe file” to an exact location, so you are able to locate it easily.
- After this, double click the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file to open it.
- Then, follow the instructions displayed on the screen to sign the terms and conditions.
- When when you complete these procedures, the application is downloaded, and then installed onto your PC. Then, you are able to run it to complete. To do this, double-click the icon of the tool.
Tips If you experience issues with your program, you may try to the Quick Fix My Program. This is the most basic procedure to try at the beginning. It could take you about a minute to correct your program.
This blog focused on the causes QuickBooks keeps crashing on your PC. Methods to aid you in solving this issue were also explained. We hope this article can help you solve the issue and allow QuickBooks to run effectively once again.
You may also read — How to fix Error 1904 in QuickBooks desktop