Anti-ageing as a term is used in different senses and connotations by other people and groups of individuals. Scientifically, anti-ageing refers to slowing down, preventing, or sometimes reversing the natural process of ageing in human beings. There has not been a specific medical way created to change or alter age in human beings. Generally speaking, anti-ageing is a process that cannot be prevented no matter how much a person tries to slow it down or prevent it.
We will read about 5 anti-ageing tips to appear younger in this blog!
What is the natural process of ageing?
Ageing is associated with dynamic biological, physiological, environmental, psychological, behavioural, and social processes. Some changes associated with ageing are very evident and common to notice, like a person’s hair becoming grey. Other changes include reduced functionality of the senses and daily life activities and increased risk of diseases or disabilities and weaknesses. Increasing age is a major cause behind several chronic diseases in human beings.
Anti-ageing is defined as a preventive measure to limit and slow down late-life pathology.
What are the signs of natural ageing?
There are several signs of ageing that people experience in their lifetime. These are –
- Sagging skin
- Dark spots
- Lines and wrinkles
- Patchy skin
- Grey hair
- Dry skin
- Glow less skin
How to prevent anti-ageing?
General beauty care is carried out by people of any gender and is a very useful self-care technique that helps people make them feel good and beautiful about themselves. Though a person cannot stop themselves from ageing slowly and gradually, here are some tips that, if implemented correctly in a person’s daily routine, can help them look younger than their age. These are described as follows –
- Skincare routine for ageing skin – A routine that consists of cleansing, moisturizing, toning is very important to keep the skin healthy. Using good quality moisturizers, sunscreens, and anti-ageing creams for lines and wrinkles help a lot. Wrinkles can be reduced and prevented by using essential oils. Under-eye creams help in curing dark circles under the eyes.
- Food items that prevent ageing – A diet rich in complex carbohydrates, green vegetables, and fruits should be consumed. Low-fat dairy products also assist in keeping the skin healthy. Oral supplements rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin-C also help in reducing signs of natural ageing.
- Increasing intake of Vitamin-A – Increasing the intake of Vitamin-A is one of the easiest ways of turning back the ageing clock. Retinoids are rich in vitamin-A and might be irritable to sensitive skin. Retinoids are very effective against wrinkles. Retinol is a form of vitamin-A that helps with fine lines, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, and dark spots.
- Reducing excess weight – Weight gain is considered a sign of ageing by some people. Submental fat, located below the chin, significantly changes how a person’s face is perceived. It is important to get rid of excessive fat gain to look younger than a person is.
- Hydration – drinking enough water throughout the day is very important for keeping the skin healthy and young-looking. Not drinking enough water can increase wrinkles and lines on the face. Drinking less water also creates dark areas and dullness in the skin.
In this blog, we learnt and understood the premise of anti-ageing and tips and techniques that can help us maintain healthier skin. General beauty care involves taking good care of one’s skin and carrying out practices that come under the scope of anti-ageing.
Leave a Reply