Are you interested in finding out more about the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to Reinstall & Rebuild the Damaged QuickBooks Desktop? An article describing the QuickBooks clean install tool and its operation is available here. The steps in this article are related with various steps, and steps are shown with pictures to aid in understanding. To keep your knowledge current and be able to complete it on your own, read the entire article. Contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free at +1 844-736-3955 if you’re still having problems.
A simple re-install will not solve this issue; the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is needed to repair damaged QuickBooks desktop functions. You must rename the installation file for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows on your desktop, fix the issue, and then install the software again. Clean instals and clean uninstalls of QuickBooks are the terms used to describe both processes.
You can solve issues that prohibit you from opening your company’s file, as well as display and template issues, among other things, by doing a clean install fix. The system files for QuickBooks on your PC show success. Rest assured that a clean install tool won’t damage your accounting files or any other data you have stored in your company’s files.
Important: A QuickBooks desktop download file or installation CD with the licence number is required before executing the un-installation process. Make a copy of your data file as a backup as well for security reasons. Prior to continuing, you must log in as Windows Administrator. Additionally, the systems (Computers) you are working on should be restartable.
When to Use the QuickBooks Removal Tool
It’s necessary to thoroughly uninstall QuickBooks before using the QuickBooks Removal Tool. When you receive notifications telling you to download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool, you may run into some of the following typical issues.
- When opening more than one company file, an error message appears.
- Accounting software shows installation issues.
- You were unable to eliminate frequent error codes by reinstalling Simple QuickBooks.
How to Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
The first step is to get all the QuickBooks product information:
- Download the appropriate version of the QuickBooks installation.
- Observe the licence number. It must stated on the original packaging or in the email you received after making your purchase if you got the digital version.
- To protect all of your effort, be sure to write down the year and edition of your product and make a backup of your company file.
Method 1:- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Start Menu tab. Find the “Control Panel” and click it to launch it.
- Uninstall a Program can found under Programs and Features.
- Choose the QuickBooks Desktop version with which you are having problems from the extensive list of installed programmes that is presented here.
- After choosing that specific version, select Uninstall/Change and comply with all the prompts on the screen. If this option is not visible, you must sign out of your current account and then sign back into Windows as an administrator (or a user with admin rights).
Note: Stop troubleshooting if you encounter an error message while removing QuickBooks. Your computer might be having additional issues, so you should seek assistance from an IT expert or Microsoft.
Method 2:- Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub after downloading it.
- Quit QuickBooks and save Tool Hub to any location you can find quickly after downloading it (like downloads or desktop folder).
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file that was downloaded, then install it by following the on-screen directions. Additionally, before installing, agree to all the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the tool to launch it after installation. In the event that you are unable to locate this tool, type QuickBooks Tool Hub into the Windows search box and select the desired result.
Method 3:- Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool in next step.
The old install folder is rename by the Clean Install utility itself. When you perform a restore, this enables QuickBooks to add fresh installation files.
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, click Installation Issues.
- Select Clean Install Tool and then click OK.
- Select the QuickBooks and product versions, then press Continue.
- Now that the notice “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” has appeared on your screen, click OK.
- You can reinstall QuickBooks desktop after the clean install tool is finish.
Note that QuickBooks 2020 has not tested with this tool. Your folders need to manually rename.
How to Manually Rename the Folders for QuickBooks Desktop Installations
This tool is incompatible with QuickBooks 2020, as we already discussed. To rename folders manually, follow these procedures.
- Open the “File Explorer” by launching the Start menu window and searching for it.
- Open the folder containing your QuickBooks company files and take a look inside. This is often your QuickBooks folder, which you may presumably find in the places listed below:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- When you locate your folder, select Rename from the context menu by right-clicking it.
- Add “old” to the end of your folder name using postfix. By doing this, you can stop QuickBooks from attempting to open it after a reinstall.
- You may reinstall QuickBooks Desktop after completing these procedures.
If you encounter the issue “The access was refuse during renaming the folder” while renaming the folder, and then follow these instructions to fix it.
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc will launch Task Manager. The task manager can also searched in the start menu search bar.
- Launch the Processes tab now.
- To sort the list, select the Name column heading.
- Look for the programmes QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, and Qbw32.exe in the processes tab and terminate them.
- If you saw the message “Terminating a process can result in undesirable effects,” choose Yes.
You may reinstall QuickBooks Desktop after completing these procedures.
The procedures for using the QuickBooks Clean install tool for QuickBooks Desktop are list above. I hope you were able to successfully finish these instructions. However, if you encounter any difficulties while carrying out the aforementioned processes, please call us at +1 844-736-3955 for immediate assistance from an Intuit Certified Expert. We are only a phone call away.
Once you are familiar with the steps to utilize the tool, reinstalling the QuickBooks software for Windows using the QuickBooks Clean install tool is a piece of cake. After following all of the aforementioned instructions, if the error still occurs or you have any other technical problems, call our 24/7 QuickBooks Error Support team at +1 844-736-3955.
We provide rapid and accurate QuickBooks accounting solutions with the help of our certified specialists and state-of-the-art equipment. Our team is accessible around-the-clock to hear out any of your worries and immediately address them. We provide exemplary and appropriate solutions for any of your QuickBooks-related problems.
FAQs for Clean Install Tool
- How long does QuickBooks installation take?
If you’re not presently using QuickBooks, it could take up to 6 to 8 weeks to convert all of your information and set up your QuickBooks accounting software to meet all of your needs.
- Can I remove earlier iterations of the QuickBooks software?
You can uninstall the previous version of the QuickBooks application without a problem. To avoid having to reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, all you have to do is keep your copy of QuickBooks up to date.
- Do my company files deleted when I remove QuickBooks?
No, removing QuickBooks from your computer does not delete any of your company’s files. Only the QB Program is delete.
- Can QuickBooks be set up on two computers?
If you have a single-user licence for QuickBooks, you are allowe to install the programme on a maximum of two computers as long as you own both of them.