Besides a clear difference between the refurbished laptops and open box laptops, some people are often confused between the two. Refurbished laptops, however, are way more popularly labelled as compared to the open box items. You can buy a refurbished laptop from any shop or online retail store, but not every company claims to sell open box laptops.
What is a Refurbished Laptop?
A refurbished laptop is any device that is not wholly used by the consumer but repaired or altered by the quality department. These laptops are usually sold with warranties to make users believe that they would last longer without major issues. Mostly, laptops that are sold in refurbished form are processed through security norms including quality check, repairing and full auditing.
If your refurbished laptop has any minor defect or fault, you will already know, plus it already costs down the lane. While the similar laptop in a brand-new condition is sold at original and considerably expensive price, you can get it low cost in refurbished form. Some people even confuse a refurbished laptop with the second-hand laptop, which is not the actual case. A second-hand laptop is totally used by a consumer for a significant period of time. On the other hand, the refurbished laptop is not used but only provided back to the company due to any minor troubles or default defects. These laptops are then sent back to the original company or an authentic retailer and passed through tests to get it in its best form. So, refurbished laptops that you see on the market are rather more tested than even the brand-new products in the market.
What is an Open Box Laptop?
Open box laptops are quite self-explanatory but if you still get confused, we are here to briefly explain it to you. These laptops are not used, but just opened by either the user or the store already. These laptops are supposed to be like the brand-new ones, but the only difference comes with their opened packages.
One has to be totally beware of Open box laptop seller because there are some scam sellers with defected pieces. Some of them sell faulted laptops in the name of open box laptops, as a result of which the authenticity is loosen up. You must make sure to buy open box laptops from authentic or certified retailers. If you are confused with the fact that why are open box laptops sent back to the seller, one of the most common reasons include change of mind. Customer who has received a product might change his/her mind and send it back after opening the package. But that should not mean that you are going to receive a used product.
Differences between Refurbished and Open Box laptops
Number of reasons are there when it comes to the difference between refurbished and open box laptops. One thing that you must take care of is the source or retailer you are buying your laptop from. It is highly risky to buy refurbished or open box laptop from a company that isn’t certified or authentic. We have listed the basic differences to help you get clarified among these two types of laptops.
- Refurbished laptops might be improved, audited, reconditioned, or testified with quality checks while an open box laptop is not.
- Open box laptops are owned by consumers previously, but refurbished laptops are not owned by any users before.
- Refurbished laptops are not entirely brand-new but altered by the company or quality team and used by experts for testing. On the other hand, open box laptops are always new to the core.
- The price of open-box laptops could be way more than a refurbished laptop because of the condition of the laptop.
- Refurbished laptops might be slightly damaged or have minor faults. But a suitable open box laptop has to have no faults at all.
Similarities between Refurbished and Open Box Laptops
While consumers already consider the open box and refurbished laptop to be same, we have explained the major differences. But there are clearly some similarities that both the types of laptops have.
- Both open box and refurbished laptops come with warranty offers.
- Refurbished laptops are re-packaged so technically they are also opened while the open box laptops are already like that.
- Both laptops are sold with lower price rates.
- Return policy is offered with free exchange usually on refurbished and open box laptops/
Which is better? Refurbished Vs Open Box Laptop
It could be hard to distinguish between the two affordable laptop types, but you can make a purchase depending on your priority. You need to set your requirements straight when it is about buying open box or refurbished laptop.
Pros of Open Box Laptops
- With open box laptops, you will get to experience a fresh product with absolutely no issues at all.
- Surely, an open box laptop is going to be priced at a very low budget.
- Open box laptops come with good warranty offers.
- A decreased cost with exactly the same quality
Cons of Open Box Laptops
- Open box laptops might be sold with lying scam, informing buyers that they are not used.
- Return policy might not be offered in the case of open box laptops, claiming they are just the brand-new ones.
- These laptops are not quality-checked, inspected, or ensured of any error which makes them a bit doubtful for the purchase because you might not be sure of the seller.
Pros of Refurbished Laptops
- Refurbished laptops are tested, qualified, and double-checked before they are sold to the consumers, making them much more reliable.
- These laptops always come with longer warranty periods and easiest return policy.
- Buyers already know any minor faults or defects in their refurbished laptop device.
- Affordably priced, the refurbished laptops are much more convenient to buy in low budget.
- Great catch for models that are marked at a much expensive cost.
Cons of Refurbished Laptops
- You are less likely to get your hands on the most recent laptop model that has just been launched or introduced.
- You might need to upgrade your laptop system sooner than you think, as it could have already been operated.
- The feeling of used device is always there with refurbished laptop because for obvious, it isn’t the brand-new laptop.
- Minute appearance imperfections can be found in a refurbished laptop but are also mentioned on the buy guide.
Even after knowing every advantage or drawback about the refurbished laptop or an open box device, making a decision between any can be hard. However, with our clear listings, we hope you make an informed decision. Our recommendation would concisely be: if you are a budget-conscious individual, both types of laptops can be a good choice. You might get a little better value out of the brand-new open-box laptop as it does not come with defects, unless you are buying from scam seller. However, if you need full authentication, and a certified product, refurbished laptops offer better policies. If you need an easier return/exchange processor, refurbished laptops are better to go for.
With so many options currently available online and offline, you should at least be rest assured to research an authentic seller. If you have been looking out for a suitable and trusted retailer, we have to recommend you visit the official Laptop Outlet store online in the UK. The leading e-commerce retailer offers refurbished laptops for sale and extra warranty offers along with Interest-free finance.