Canon printers come with utility tools that ease the user’s experience with the help of the multi-function printer. Along with this, these printers are easy to set up with ij.start.cannon, and its maintenance or cost per print is also economical. In addition to that, these printers feature two kinds of ink systems- ink cartridges and ink tanks. There are many other incredible features of Canon printers that provide you with a seamless printing experience. However, to get started with your printer, you need to install the Canon Printer Drivers on your device during the setup. Therefore, in this blog, we have added the complete procedure for Canon Printer Setup, through which you can easily set up the printer in your Mac device wirelessly.
Canon printer wireless setup on Mac via ij.start.cannon (Wirelessly)
All the users are required to follow the below instructions to set up their Canon printer on their Mac device. In this section, we have provided the complete steps for Canon printer setup via ij-start-canon. All you have to do is, follow the below methods:-
- Download printer drivers via canon.com/ijsetup or ij.start.canon
- First of all, open the internet browser on your Mac device.
- Now, go to its URL bar and enter canon.com/ijsetup. Press Enter.
- The above link redirects you to the official website of Canon.
- Here, you should select the language from the drop-down menu and choose the “Set Up” button.
- After this, you should enter your printer model number in the search bar and click on the “Go” button.
- Now, you will be redirected to the official product-specific page of your printer.
- Here, you need to click on the drop-down menu given at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Here, you need to choose the “macOS” option.
- After this, click on the “Download” option to download the Canon Printer Drivers on your Mac.
- Now, the Canon Printer Setup file will start downloading on your system. Wait until the download completes.
Install Canon printer drivers:
After downloading the file, you need to install it by following the below steps to complete the ij.start.cannon setup:-
- First of all, visit the “downloads” section on your device and navigate the drivers’ file that you have just downloaded via ij.start.cannon.
- After this, you need to double-click on the file to open it.
- Now, select the “Wireless LAN Connection” option to perform the Canon Printer Setup wirelessly.
- Furthermore, press and hold the Wi-Fi button located on your printer until the alarm LED flashes twice.
- Next, you have to press the “Arrow button” given on your Canon printer display.
- Now, got the “Menu” option on your printer and tap on the “Device Settings.”
- Here, you need to select the “LAN Settings” option and go to the “LAN Setup.”
- Click on the “OK” button. Now, your printer will show all the available router networks on the system.
- Hence, you should select the name of the network that you want to connect to your printer.
- After selecting the network, click on the “OK” button and enter the Wi-Fi password in the required field.
- Now, you have successfully connected your printer with your Mac device, and you can proceed further with the ij.start.cannon setup.
- After this, you need to visit the Mac device and open the “Apple” menu.
- Then, you should select the “System Preferences” option and click on the “Printers and Scanners.”
- Furthermore, click on the “+” sign to add the printer to your Mac device.
- Now, a pop-up window will open on the screen. Here, you need to click on the “Add” button. It will connect your printer with MAC.
- A few seconds later, your printer will be added to your device.
- Hence, you have completed the Canon Printer Setup via ij.start.cannon.
Connect your Printer to Wi-Fi
If you want to connect your printer to Wi-Fi, you should follow the below steps:-
- First of all, go to the Settings option on the printer.
- After this, you should go to the “Device Settings” and then visit the “Wireless LAN settings.”
- Select the “Default” settings” or Setup without cable.
- Now, choose your network name (SSID).
- Enter your Wi-Fi network password.
- Press OK.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting
It is common to face some technical glitches with technical devices. The same is the case with the printers. However, Canon printers are easy to troubleshoot. Here are a few of the easy troubleshooting tips that you can follow if you face any issues with your printer or during the ij start canon setup process:-
- The printer might lose the connection or go offline because of the power and network failure.
- You can restart the printer to troubleshoot or resolve the offline issues.
- You must make sure that your printer is always connected to the power outlet and proper internet to perform the setup via ij.start.cannon. However, you don’t have to power strip to receive the required amount of the power supply.
- If you face any paper jam issues, you should turn the printer upside down and access the printer rollers.
- Furthermore, you should also check between the rollers to find or remove any pieces of paper stuck in the printer.
- If the printer is causing lines in the paper, you should clean the printer head and remove or re-insert the cartridges.
So, as described above section about ij start canon setup is based on the various web information and sources which is available over the internet.