The QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 can pop up along with a message that states, “Error 6190 816. QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. Whenever a user comes up with this error, it indicates that it has encountered a company file error. One of the workstations must be using the company file in a single mode and not allowing you to access the file. You must ask the concerned user to enable the multi-user mode. However, there might be other glitches as well. To know what are the other causes and how to fix them, refer to this blog and read it until the end.
If you have any doubts regarding the company file error 6190 816, consult one of our certified professionals through 1.800.579.0391.
What Triggers the Error Code 6190 and 819 in QuickBooks?
Ever wondered what causes the error to arise on your QuickBooks screen? Well, check out the points given below-
- There has been damage to the .ND and .TLG files.
- You have not configured the firewall settings of your Windows desktop properly, due to which you are repeatedly receiving the error.
- An issue with the company file location can also trigger the problem.
To learn the troubleshooting methods for this issue, move on to the next section of the blog.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
Different Ways to Rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6190 and 816
Are you finding it troublesome to search for the best and permanent troubleshooting methods to eliminate the issue? You must read this blog further to learn the topmost solutions for errors 6190 and 816-
Solution 1: Perform the Process of Updating Your QuickBooks to the Latest Release
- If QuickBooks is in use, close it.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and tap on the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Open the No Company Open screen and move to the ‘Help’ tab.
- Hit ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ and then tap on the ‘Options’ tab.
- Choose ‘Mark All’ and to save the changes, click ‘Save’.
- Select the ‘Update Now’ tab and checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- To download the available updates, choose ‘Get Updates’.
- After the download completes, exit and run QuickBooks Desktop again.
- A message will be prompted asking you to install the updates; click ‘Yes’.
Solution 2: Change .TLG and .ND File Names
- On your Windows desktop, go to the folder where you have saved your company file.
- Search for the file names similar to your company file name and with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- To rename both the files, right-click on the files and select the ‘Rename’ option.
- Edit the name of each file by adding .OLD at the end of the original file name.
- Press ‘Enter’ to save the necessary changes.
- Once done, open your QuickBooks Desktop and try to access your company file again.
After going through this blog, we suppose by now you must have been able to resolve the QuickBooks error 6190 816 completely without any hassle. In case the problem still persists, dial 1.800.579.0391 and connect with our team of experts.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error H505