Yahoo has been one of the most famous email companies ever since its launch. The application not only allows its users to send and receive email messages but also allows them to do a lot of other things. Popular for its simple interface, yahoo allows people to manage their documents, make calls, etc. While there are so many benefits of using Yahoo, it cannot be possible until and unless you have synced your Yahoo mail on your device. But there are many people across the globe that face Yahoo mail not syncing issues while they try to use Yahoo on their mobile devices.
There can be numerous reasons for Yahoo mail not responding today or having syncing problems. It is better to focus on the methods that you can use. But, do not worry as in our guide, we will tell you the reasons as well as the solutions for your problems.
Causes of Yahoo Mail Not Syncing
Out of all the reasons why Yahoo may not sync on any device, we are going to highlight the most common reasons why you may be facing this problem on your Android, iPhone or any other device.
Outdated Version of Yahoo
One of the major reasons for Yahoo not syncing Android is the outdated or the old versions of Yahoo you may be using. It is better to always keep your web browser or Yahoo mail application updated to its latest version.
Closed of Yahoo Mail Sync
To successfully sync any device with Yahoo, it is necessary to keep the Yahoo Sync open all the time. You can change these settings from the Yahoo mail settings option present in the application.
Wrong Server Settings of the Application:
It is also possible for your Yahoo mail application to not sync on devices if the server settings of the yahoo mail are not correct. The IMAP and SMTP settings are very important for the proper functioning of the mail app. So, we recommend that you ensure that the server settings are correctly encrypted.
Fix Yahoo Mail Not Syncing
If your Yahoo mail not syncing on iPhone then, you can easily fix this issue with the procedure given by us. Strictly follow these steps and you will resolve your problem.
- You have to open the Settings on your iPhone device.
- From the menu given, select the troubleshooting tab.
- There you have to open the ‘Mail, Contacts and Calendars’ option. The next step is to click on the ‘Add Account’ section.
- Choose ‘Yahoo’ from the drop-down menu and then enter your Yahoo email address and the account password in the respective fields.
- Once you have filled in the information, hit on the Next button and then turn on the Mail option.
- Finalize your changes by tapping on the Save button.
This procedure will help you to successfully sync your Yahoo mail on an iPhone.
The above procedure will work on an iPhone device. However, if you are an android user then, you should follow this process as the functioning of an iPhone and Android are different.
- The very first step is to open the Settings of your Android device.
- You will see the option of Accounts where you have to click on Yahoo.
- On the next screen, select the Yahoo mail account and then choose the option of ‘Sync Contacts’. This option will enable the syncing of your Yahoo email application on your mobile.
- It is important to select this otherwise the sync will be disabled.
You can also follow this procedure if Yahoo mail not syncing with Outlook. However for more information, you should open the Emailspedia.com website.