To wear an admirable beard, that shows style and is our registered trademark, we must wear it stylish, groom, clean, healthy, with good shape, shine and be soft to the touch.
Only in this way can we wear a beard that attracts attention for its charm and not for giving the appearance that facial hair is only on our face due to the laziness of not shaving.
Wearing a beard is a lifestyle for men, because it requires a daily routine of hygiene and conditioning, which in principle, is something that we must get use to, however this routine becomes a personal, stimulating ritual. and pleasant.
But first things first, and we must start before applying any beard wash product to our beard, by understanding what beard hygiene consists of, and for this it is necessary to understand that beard hair is different from capillary hair, and that is the reason why there are beard wash products specifically design for the beard.
The follicles and beard hair are more fragile and delicate than the hair on our head, as well as its PH and oiliness.
The first questions we ask ourselves are:
Can I use my shower soap or shampoo and hair conditioner on my beard?
No, on the one hand because these mostly contain chemicals and as we explain, the beard is more delicate and fragile than the hair, and the chemicals can easily cause beard hair to fall out, dryness, and damage the hair, which that it will end up in an “ugly” looking beard by “sanitizing” it with the wrong products.
Could we then get a chemical-free shower soap or shampoo and use it on the beard?
Here the answer is not as direct as to the previous question, a quick answer will be a YES, but, there is always a but, somehow we must sanitize it, that was the first point of beard care, hygiene, and is that before using chemicals we embrace the natural. Let’s say that it will be the “intermediate” beard wash product, between chemicals and a specific beard wash product for beards, because as we also mention before, there is a difference in oiliness and ph between the hair of the beard and the capillary, and that is why we recommend using a beard wash product specifically conceived and designed for the beard, such as Beard Shampoo.
Shall I wash my beard every day?
This is a controversial point, of which you can search the Internet and find as many different versions and opinions as the results of your query in Google.
The correct answer to this point is, every day and after each meal or physical activity you shall take care of your beard, which does not imply that you shall apply beard wash product every time. Here is the question, the hair of the beard must be kept hygienic, but it also needs a certain natural oiliness to protect it from pollution, sun, wind, dust, etc. and because excessive washing can lead to a weakening of the follicles., causing fine and brittle hair or hair loss due to not having enough strength at its root, or also leading to dryness of beard hair due to not allowing them to maintain their natural oiliness.
Beard receives love and attention
Which does not mean that those 2 or 3 times are the only times that your beard receives love and attention, every day when we bathe, wash our face in the morning or after each meal, we must rinse our beard with plenty of water, but without applying beard wash product, leaving our beard cleansing product to apply only on the days require. In this way we will keep our beard sanitized without removing its natural oiliness, which is necessary to protect the hair of the beard and keep it strong to prevent hair loss as much as possible.
As many exceptions as rules, however, if you have already wash your beard 3 times a week, and you binge on food with sauces, do strenuous physical activity that makes you perspire, etc… it recommend that you wash the beard again with Beard Shampoo to remove any residue of food or sauce or perspiration in the event of an activity or sport, the same if you work in an environment predispose to contamination, such as the street, or construction zones, returning to put everything on the scale, it is advisable to beard wash product daily, while if your work is in the office or you do not do strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, we return to the advice of 2 to 3 times a week.
Step by Step – How to Wash Your Beard Correctly
- Wet the entire beard and face underneath with warm water. At this point we must understand the correct choice of temperature and avoid hot water on the beard at all costs, since hot water can dry out the hair and damage the follicles, putting the proper growth of the beard and its appearance at risk. on the contrary, very cold water will not allow a correct blood circulation and will tend to close the pores and follicles.
- Apply Beard Shampoo in the palm of one hand and rub both hands together, ensuring that the gel spreads between the fingers as well.
- Spread from the roots to the ends, applying a light massage all over the face under the beard and extending towards the ends of the facial hair.
- Let act for 2 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of lukewarm water and repeat the rinse if necessary to avoid leaving any beard wash product residue without rinsing.
- To dry the face and beard very well with a towel, it is very important to do it gently, without rubbing so as not to pull out hair or damage it, since at this point, after washing, they will be very fragile and more likely to be pull out. For this reason we recommend drying with towel made of 100% cotton, high quality, soft, fluffy and highly absorbent, thus favoring adequate and non-aggressive drying of your beard.
After these points and having carry out a correct washing and drying, your beard is at the ideal point to apply any of beard wash products depending on the need of each person, length or type of beard.