How to log in to the Asus router?
Asus router login is all about getting access to your router’s settings and managing them according to your requirement. To log in to the Asus router, it is important to have a wifi-compatible device or a computer. That way, you will be able to interact with your router.
Asus router login
Asus routers are some of the futuristic yet reliable routers on the market. These routers come with a bundle of features, and one such feature is their web interface. The web interface of the Asus router is much similar to a mobile app’s user interface. Once you perform Asus login to the router, a dashboard appears on the screen. This dashboard navigates you to all the router settings and features.
This post will take you across the Asus router login process through different methods, some troubleshooting instructions, and some frequently asked questions.
Login to Asus router using the wired method
A wired method is a preferable method to login to Asus router as some users suggested that they can’t log in to the Asus router using the wireless method. It’s not like a wireless connection is not suitable for the Asus router login. There is always a slight degree of possibility that you might come across a few errors or issues.
Follow the steps below to get access to the Asus router using the wired method:
- Firstly, you must connect your router to the modem using a cable supplied with the router.
- Secondly, connect the Asus router with the computer using another ethernet cable.
- After that, turn on your router and PC.
- Open a browser on the PC and type the URL router.asus.com.
- This URL takes you to the Asus router login page.
- Thereafter, you need to enter the Asus router login credentials.
- Enter “admin” as the default username and password. Click Login.
- Finally, you will be taken to the Asus router dashboard. If you are able to see the dashboard, it means you have successfully logged into the router using the wired method.
using a wireless method
A wireless method is more convenient and quick. The Asus router default address helps you get access to your router locally using the wireless method. That means, don’t have to be seated beside your router or PC in order to get inside the router. Please follow the steps below to access your router using the wireless method:
- Firstly, make sure the router is powered On.
- After that, go to the wireless settings of your PC.
- Search for your router’s network and connect to it using the default pre-shared key (wifi password).
- Thereafter, launch an internet browser on the same PC.
- Type router.asus.com in the address bar and click Go.
- The browser takes you to the Asus router login page.
- The login page will ask you to provide the login credentials.
- Enter “admin” as the username and password. Click Login.
- Finally, the router will let you access and manage its settings.
Default login for Asus router
Do you know that there are many default login credentials cum details for your Asus router? The details help you get access to your router in multiple ways. For an instance; you can use a web address and an IP address as well to log in to the Asus router.
These default credentials cum details are given at the backside of your router. Turn your router backward and you will see a wireless label pasted over there. You can also refer to the product manual that comes with your router package. Here are some of the default login details that you find on the wireless label and a product manual.
- Default Asus router login IP: 192.168.1.1
- URL for Asus login to the router: http://router.asus.com
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- MAC address: varies according to the model
How to change the Asus Wifi password?
Now, this is something important. Changing the Wifi password of your Asus router’s network is something, which is imperative to keeping your network safe and secure. You must practice changing the Wifi password of your Asus router’s network once every month.
That way, you can ensure no one breaks out in your network and goes about breaching your network security. Your entire internet speed can get eaten up by unauthenticated users if you don’t change your password for a longer period of time.
Kindly follow the steps below to change the Asus Wifi password:
- Login to the Asus router using the default web or IP address.
- Once you visit the Asus router dashboard, go to the Wireless section.
- After that, click on General and you will find the pre-shared key section.
- Thereafter, clear the old Wifi password and enter a new password.
- At last, click Apply and your router will restart in an attempt to make new changes take place.
- Finally, all your devices will be disconnected from the network.
NOTE – Make sure you reconnect all the devices with the Asus router’s wifi network. If you have a few smart home devices at your home, they may need reconfiguration with your home network.
How to change the Asus Wifi SSID?
- To change the Asus Wifi SSID, you need to log in to the Asus router.
- For Asus login , use the default web or IP address.
- Go to the Wireless page and then click on General.
- After that, locate the SSID field.
- Enter a new SSID for your network and click Apply.
- Finally, all the devices will be disconnected from the network. Make sure you reconnect all the devices with the new SSID.
How to access the Asus router login page by using the App?
- Firstly, make sure the Asus router is already set up on your device.
- You may download the Asus router app from the Play Store or the App Store.
- After that, configure your router using the app.
- Once you set up your new router using the Asus Router app, you can set up your Asus account.
- After that, you can always use the Asus Router app to log in to the Asus router remotely, anytime.
Asus router reset to default settings: soft reset
- Login to the Asus router using the default web or IP address.
- Go to the Administration page.
- Thereafter, click on Restore.
- Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the reset action.
- At last, your router will initiate the process to restore the default settings.
- Most of your router’s settings will be erased with this process.
Asus router reset to factory default settings: hard reset
- To make your Asus router get back to its factory default settings, you need to perform a hard reset on your router.
- Press and hold the reset button located on the backside of your router.
- Hold the button for about 10 seconds.
- Release the reset button and let your router get back to the original settings.
- All the router settings, configurations, connections, logs, passwords, etc will be removed from the router.
In this post we are explaining all about the Asus router login process, reset with detailed information. If you are facing any of these issues don’t worry, you can contact us or do a live chat with us. Our experts will be helping you at every point.